<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, April 16, 2004

The other day, I bought a used putter that I really like. 

free golf tips

Q: The other day, I bought a used putter that I really
The other day, I bought a used putter that I really
like.like. It's an Odyssey putter with a "Stronomic" insert.
I have two questions: What is "Stronomic"? Is it some
kind of metal (I looked it up, but couldn't find it)?
And why does it feel so much better than my old putter?
-- Brian G., from the Web

A: Stronomic is a lightweight synthetic polymer. The name
was made up by Odyssey. It feels good at contact because
the insert is much softer, especially if you play with a
hard-feeling, two-piece/solid-core "distance" ball.
Odyssey was founded by an engineer named Brian Pond, who
revolutionized putters with his insert innovation. Today,
we find putters with inserts made from all sorts of polymer
recipes, as well as lightweight metals and metal alloys
such as aluminum and beryllium copper. These lightweight
inserts allow the weight that was saved to be moved to the
perimeter of the club face. This acts to stabilize the
putter at contact and effectively increase the size of the
"sweet spot." Incidentally, Odyssey was sold to Callaway
Golf in 1997.

free golf tips


DoubleWall Titanium Driver

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?